Oral and poster presentations are the backbone of the scientific program in the symposium.
In the MSB Symposium Series it is intended to have a forum for the discussion of fundamental and application-driven aspects of microscale separations and bioanalysis at an international venue that assembles the thought-leaders and emerging scientists from both the academic and industrial communities. Towards that end, the MSB 2019 Organizing Committee has embraced the following guidance of the MSB Series Strategic Program Committee (see also “Essentials of the MSB Symposium Series“):
- Session topics dealing with new, hot, actual and/or controversial developments in microscale separations and bioanalysis matching the MSB Series Strategic Intent
- Oral presentations that are time wise split in 2/3 talk and 1/3 for discussion.
- Highly engaged session chairs who will be actively involved in arranging the session, will have speaking time to introduce the session topic and the keynote speaker, and moderate and orchestrate the discussion.
Therefore at MSB 2019 presentation time will be rigorously kept to adhere to the time split.
At MSB 2019 following type of presentations are offered
- Plenary lectures (by invitation only)
- Keynote lectures (by invitation or selected from submitted abstracts)
- Contributed oral presentations (selected in a double-blind process from submitted abstracts)
- Poster pitches / 3-min talks (selected from poster presentations)
- Poster presentations
- Science cafés (presentations by select sponsors)
The scientific program of MSB 2019 will be arranged along two major tracks viz. Fundamentals of Microscale Separations and Application of Microscale Separations. The organisation committee will define session topics along these tracks and eventually invite session chairs (see next page). Session topics can be proposed by others who will become a session chair but first requires symposium chair contact and an abstract describing the motivation for the topic of a session and suggest a keynote speaker.
The main motto regarding the MSB Symposium Series is: “Anyone submitting a scientifically strong abstract may be accepted for oral presentation at a MSB symposium“.